Writing for children

These are some of the stories I used to tell my children when they were kids. I hope other children will also enjoy this.

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Story of a Dog

A farmer had a dog called Brown. He was a good dog and took care of his master and his house. One day, he barked at a stranger who came home. It was actually the friend of the farmer, and he scolded Brown for barking at him.




Brown felt sad and he went out and did not plan to return home. When he reached a hill like area, he decided to take some rest, and walk again later. He saw a fox coming towards him. Brown got frightened and wanted to run away. But he knew that the fox will chase him and kill. So he thought to use his common sense.

“Hello fox, I know you want to kill me. But I am not well today, and my meat won’t be good for you. If you eat me you too will fall sick. Why don’t you wait for a week, and I will be recovering from my fever. Besides, there is also a marriage in my master’s house and I will be getting plenty food to eat. Then I will put on more weight and you will be very happy to have a feast on me. If you are a clever fellow you must understand this,” said Brown.

The fox also felt it as a good idea. He didn’t want to fall sick by eating the sick dog’s meat. If he could wait for a week he would have a great feast on the healthy dog, thought the fox. “Okay. I agree with you. Will you definitely come back after a week?”

“Yes, I will,” replied the dog. The fox went away happily, and returned after a week again to the same spot. He didn’t find the dog anywhere. He knew he was cheated. He went in search of the dog and found him inside his master’s house at the gate.

“Hey, Brown. You’re a cheater. You had promised me that you will return after a week for my feast. Have you forgotten your promise?” asked the fox standing outside the gate.

“Oh, fox. You’re here. What a fool you are! I wanted to escape from your trap and said a lie. As I was sleeping on the way in a lonely place you saw me, and I regretted for having left my master’s house. I learnt a lesson and returned home, and I am very safe here. Now why should I come back and offer myself to you? Will anyone do that?”

Brown laughed at the fox, and then barked at him. When the fox saw his master he ran away.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home