Writing for children

These are some of the stories I used to tell my children when they were kids. I hope other children will also enjoy this.

Monday, January 05, 2009

Chitra and the frog -Part II

Chitra suddenly remembered her promise and told them about it. Then her father understood Chitra’s position and said, “If you have agreed to the frog to come and stay with us for three days, you cannot go back on your words now. Once you give a word to some one you must keep it up.”

Chitra was actually not very happy to let the frog stay in her house for three days. But she thought it was not right to argue with her father, she permitted the frog to stay there.
Each day morning the frog went out to the well and returned in the evening, to stay with Chitra. All the three days he was given food. The third day when he was going back he went to Chirta’s room.

“Chirta, thank you very much for permitting me to stay in your house for three days. I am going back now, but before going, I want to shake hands with you as a good friend,” said Kiran, the frog.

As expected, Chitra was not at all happy to shake her beautiful hand with the frog, but as it was customary she agreed, and extended her hand to shake his hand. As soon as she touched the frog’s hand, surprising every one, the frog turned out to be a young and handsome man!




Stunned, Chitra looked at the young man. The young man smiled at her and folded his hands in gratitude to her. “Thank you Chitra for your hospitality. I was cursed to be a frog in my pervious birth for a mistake by a saint, and was given a boon that if a beautiful girl touches my hand I can get my original form. Because of you my curse was over now and became a young man again.”


Chitra smiled at him and soon fell in love with him. Her parents were too happy to get her married to him.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home