Writing for children

These are some of the stories I used to tell my children when they were kids. I hope other children will also enjoy this.

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Tomy's story of jealousy


It was Tomy's turn to tell his friends about his day out.


He sat next to Pichu. “Friends, Pichu is really lucky. He had a good day at home. But I had a very bad day,” Tomy began.

“I was very hungry and going from home to home searching for food. No one gave me food, instead they all chased me out. But, to my luck, one old woman, who stayed alone in a hut, was having her lunch. The kind hearted woman gave me some food from the plate she was eating. I ate it happily and gave her a grateful look."



"Good. Then what did she say?" asked Raja, the rooster.




"You're such a nice dog. Will you stay with me? I will give you something special." said, the old lady.

She soon went inside and came back with a bone. She gave it to me, and stood there watching me eat it.

I was too glad to enjoy the bone, and holding it with my teeth ran fast in search of a quite place to sit peacefully, and relish it. But.....

Tomy suddenly became dull. Disappointment crept onto his face.

"What happened then, Tomy? Why are you so upset?" asked Chinky.

On my way, I was crossing a bridge and I noticed another dog in the water with a bone, following me. Actually, it was my own shadow, but I was a fool not to understand it. I forgot about the bone in my mouth and just barked at him.
You know what would have happened then?"

He looked at his friends, one by one.

"You mean your bone fell down to the water?" Raja was too curious.

"Yes, my friend. Exactly, that is what happened. I lost my precious bone, because I was jealous of another dog having a similar bone." He began to cry.
All his friends felt sorry for him, and they looked at each other.


"Doesn't matter, Tomy. You've learnt a lesson now. Not only you, we all have." We learn from our mistakes,” consoled Raja patting on Tomy's back.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 2:54 AM, Blogger Prasanth Kaimal said…

    Hi Lakshmi,

    I liked the story that you posted and especially the cute picture of Tomy. Waiting to read more posts.

    Prasanth

     
  • At 8:00 PM, Blogger story4kids said…

    Thanks Prasanth for your comments. I'm glad you liked it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home