Writing for children

These are some of the stories I used to tell my children when they were kids. I hope other children will also enjoy this.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Balu's story continues....

Let's continue with Balu's story.

After a few months he got a letter from his grandmother who was staying all alone in the village. She was very old by then.

"My darling Balu, I'm sick. I want to see you and your wife. Please come home immediately," wrote his grandmother in her feeble handwriting.

Reading the letter repeatedly, his wife reminded him to take leave and go home. Each time he said, "Not today. Tomorrow we will go."

He had some excuse or the other. His habit of postponing everything was deeprooted in his mind. He found it difficult to correct it at that stage.

Again he got another letter from his grandmother after a week, asking them to come without further delay.

"Get ready. We will go home tomorrow itself." Balu told his wife.

The next day he bought several things for his grandmother including some tonic, a nice Kashmiri shawl, a blanket, and a beautiful bedspread, to make her happy and they boarded the train to their village. He had not forgotten to take some fruits for his loving grandmother. He always liked her from the bottom of his heart. It was his laziness of keeping things for the next day which made him take so long to go to see her.

"I'm sure your grandmother is going to shout at you when she sees us. She will be very angry with us." His wife expressed her fear.

"My grandma is such a darling lady. She wouldn't get angry with me. She will forget all the anger when she sees me and the things I have brought for her," said Balu with a smile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home