Writing for children

These are some of the stories I used to tell my children when they were kids. I hope other children will also enjoy this.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Baby monkeys' story continues

When Dolly saw the toy horse she decided when she grew big she too would buy a horse and ride it. She was very fond of the little Barbie doll. Dolly too had a similar doll, but bigger in size, and played with it for some time. Then she lay in the bed and decided to rest until the monkeys returned.

Within minutes Dolly fell asleep.

By then, after playing for a long time on the tree, the smallest monkey was falling asleep and the bigger monkey said, "Chottu, don't sleep here. We'll go to our house and sleep."

As they entered the house they got the smell of a human being inside. Within seconds they were shocked to see a girl sleeping on their bed. "Thief!! Thief!" they shouted. Three of them together decided to attack her.

Hearing their shoutings, the little girl got up and smiled at them in a very friendly way. "Oh, you've come back! Waiting for you, I got tired and slept off for some time."

The baby monkeys didn't like the way Dolly said. They wondered why she had come to see them. The eldest one looked at her questionably.

"I'm not your enemy. I'm your friend," proclaimed Dolly.

"No, you're not our friend," shouted the biggest monkey.

"No, dear. I'm your friend. Please believe me," Dolly assured them with a warm smile.

The three monkeys looked at each other. The smallest one held his elder brother's hand and Chottu started crying. He had never seen a human being coming to their house.

"Don't cry baby monkey. Believe me, I'm your friend." Dolly said.

"Why have you come to our house? This is a monkey's place. It's not your type of house. Please go away soon. Otherwise I know what to do," shouted the biggest monkey.

Kids, let's see what will happen tomorrow. Will the monkeys trust her as a friend? Or will Dolly get upset and go away?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home