Writing for children

These are some of the stories I used to tell my children when they were kids. I hope other children will also enjoy this.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

The story is continued....

As I told you two days back, I'm going to continue with the story.

"Once there was a king who had a beautiful and intelligent daughter. When she grew big the king decided to get her married. The princess did not like any of the bridegrooms chosen by her father. She found fault with every one of them. Her disappointed father ten decided to let her choose her own husband. "

"I want to marry a very honest person. I will conduct a test and if I am satisfied that he is honest I will marry him," said the princess.

The king was delighted. He promptly agreed to his daughter's wish.

Hearing the news, the very next day the kingdom was flooded with young men claiming to be honest and wanting to marry the princess.

The princess gave each one of them a coconut and said, you should break this coconut and come back. But there is one condition - no one should see you breaking it. I'll marry the first person who fulfils this condition."

The eager young men collected the coconuts and went away to break them where no one was watching them.

Most of them came back within minutes, some within hours, and yet some at night. Each of them said that no one had seen them breaking the coconut. But the princess rejected all of them because she did not trust any of them. The king was disappointed that he could not find a honest person in his own country.

Then, children, do you know what happened? I will tell you tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home